MCT recognizes individuals with disabilities may require reasonable accommodations to have equal access to programs, services and activities. Reasonable accommodations will be made, when necessary, for qualified individuals unless:
- Making the modification would fundamentally alter the nature of the program, service, or activity.
- The route must deviate from the published schedule to fulfill the request.
- Making the accommodation would create a direct threat to the health or safety of other passengers or participants.
- The individual with a disability is able to fully utilize MCT services or activities without reasonable accommodations being made.
- Where granting the request would cause an undue financial and administrative burden.
When a request for accommodation is made, MCT will make every effort to determine what, if any, accommodation can be provided. Information about the request, the process for determining whether the accommodation will be provided, and the potential accommodation(s) will be promptly communicated with the individual making the request.
MCT does not provide individual transportation to appointments. You may request an application for paratransit service, which is available for registered individuals with a verified disability, by calling 618-931-7433 and selecting Option 1 to speak with a dispatcher.
Requests can be made in the following ways:
1 Transit Way
Pontoon Beach, IL 62040