MCT offers direct, weekday, peak-only, limited stop commuter service from numerous locations in Madison County to downtown St. Louis.
The #13X Highland—SIUE Express is also peak-only, limited stop express service, however stays in Madison County.
The #5 Tri-City Regional travels into downtown St. Louis a couple trips per day as well.
Find an Express Route Stop Near You
How Much Does it Cost to Ride the MCT Express Buses?
The fare to ride an MCT Express bus is $3.00 each way for adults and $1.50 each way for seniors, individuals with disabilities who have an MCT Half Fare ID or for children under 5. Passengers can also purchase an “MCT Day Pass” when boarding the bus for $5.00. This pass is good for unlimited trips for one calendar day (date of issue) on all MCT fixed routes.
The MCT Monthly System Pass is $70 for unlimited rides for an entire calendar month.
MCT System Passes can be purchased from several locations around Madison County. See the Fares & Passes page here for details.
MCT also accepts all Metro fare media.
Perk of Being an Express Rider
The Guaranteed Ride Home Program
If you ride an MCT Express bus you may qualify for the GRH Program! MCT offers FREE taxi, Uber, or Lyft, rides home if you miss your bus due to staying late or leaving work early for an emergency.
Express riders are eligible for the GRH program if they:
- Buy an MCT System Monthly Pass, or Metro Monthly Pass
- Register with MCT
- Have a RideFinders Employee Transportation Contact (ETC) at your workplace. (If you don’t have an ETC, we can set one up for you)Register for MCT GRH
The GRH Program provides up to 4 FREE taxi rides a year in case of overtime, sudden personal/family illness/emergency, or school/daycare early release. You can travel from work to: home, school/daycare, hospital or healthcare provider.
There is no additional charge to register or use the GRH program beyond purchasing the MCT System Monthly Pass or a Metro Monthly Pass. MCT pays the taxi companies directly. Commuters are responsible for any charges above $125 and optional gratuity. This program is funded by federal Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality grants.
The GRH program cannot be used for weather or traffic related bus delays or service interruptions. The maximum taxi fare that will be paid by MCT per GRH ride is $125.
- Buy an MCT System Monthly Pass or a Metro Monthly Pass every month.
- Click the “Register for MCT GRH” button above, complete the form and submit to MCT.
- MCT reviews the form. If your employer participates, you will receive a registration packet. If your employer is not participating, MCT will contact you to obtain employer participation
- Tell your ETC that you will be leaving early or late and show them your MCT System Monthly Pass or a Metro Monthly Pass.
- ETC verifies your GRH eligibility and gives you a GRH voucher.
- Complete the “Employee” section of the voucher.
- ETC calls a taxi/Uber/Lyft and completes the “Employer” section of the voucher.
- When the taxi arrives, give the completed white copy of the voucher to the taxi driver.
- Show a picture ID and complete the taxi company’s charge ticket.
- Enjoy your Guaranteed Ride Home!