Proposed August 2018 Service Change
Madison County Transit (MCT) will host hour open house-style information sessions to engage the public,
gather feedback and answer questions about proposed changes to the #16 Edwardsville-Glen Carbon Shuttle,
the #17 Cougar Shuttle and the elimination of the #14 Highland Shuttle. Dates, times and locations of the meetings are listed below:
| ||Weds, May 16, 2018 ||10:00 am – 11:00 am|
| ||Weds, May 16, 2018 ||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm|
| ||Thurs, May 17, 2018 ||10:00 am – 11:00 am|
- SIUE Missouri Room in MUC
|Thurs, May 17, 2018 ||2:00 pm – 3:00 pm|
Comments at the public meetings will be summarized and presented to the MCT Board of Trustees for consideration.
Individuals who cannot attend the public meetings but would like to comment can visit mct.org, e-mail email@example.com or
send a letter to: Madison County Transit c/o Proposed August 2018 Service Change, One Transit Way, PO Box 7500, Granite City, IL 62040.
Alternative formats available upon request. All comments must be received by Friday, May 25 at 5:00 p.m.
Proposed August 2018 Service Adjustment Plan:
#14 Highland Shuttle
#16 Edwardsville Glen Carbon Shuttle
- Due to a trend in declining ridership, and significantly lower performance than other MCT shuttle routes it is proposed to eliminate the route.
#17 Cougar Shuttle
- Add former #17 routing from Edwardsville Station (through Esic) to Peck Hall
- Serve Axis Student Housing
- Add service between Peck Hall and Cougar Village on weekends and during breaks.
- Introduce Saturday service to May Apartments
- Adjust route and schedule to better accommodate SIUE student and staff travel patterns
- Shift trips from Peck Hall to Edwardsville to #16
- Eliminate unproductive route segments on Randle, Lewis and Union.
- Simplify service to and from Cougar Village
- Eliminate service between Peck Hall and Cougar Village (replaced by #16) on weekends and during breaks.