Proposed Changes to MCT Service
Madison County Transit (MCT) will host four open house-style information sessions
to engage the public, gather feedback and answer questions about proposed changes to the
route of the #7 Alton – Edwardsville, #8 Central Shuttle, #10 State & Elm,
#13 Highland-Glen Carbon , and the #14 Highland Shuttle. Dates, times and locations of
the meetings are listed below:
| ||Tuesday, March 14, 2017 ||10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.|
- Tri-Township Park Community Center
|Tuesday, March 14, 2017 ||1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
| ||Thursday, March 16, 2017 ||10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. |
| ||Thursday, March 16, 2017 ||1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.|
Comments at the public meetings will be summarized and presented to the MCT Board of Trustees
for consideration. Individuals who cannot attend the public meetings but would like to comment
can visit mct.org, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or send a letter to: Madison County Transit c/o Proposed
Service Change, One Transit Way, PO Box 7500, Granite City, IL 62040. Alternative formats available
upon request. All comments must be received by Friday, March 24, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
Proposed Alton Realignment
The new multi-modal Alton High Speed Rail Station will open off of Homer Adams Parkway in Alton this summer.
To provide service to the new facility and to facilitate faster, more efficient transfers from Wood River and
Edwardsville to Lewis & Clark Community College (LCCC) In Godfrey, the following is proposed:
#7 Alton Edwardsville [pdf]
#8 Central Shuttle [pdf]
- Re-route all #7 trips to the Alton High Speed Rail Station, instead of Alton Square.
- Provide direct 30 minute service from Wood River, Alton and Edwardsville to on High Speed Rail.
- Provide timed transfer at Wood River Station to High Speed Rail from Granite City and Roxanas.
#10 State & Elm [pdf]
- Re-route all #8 trip to the Alton High Speed Rail Station, instead of Alton Square.
- Eliminate service on a segment of Elm from Alby to State.
- Create in-direction trip to LCCC from Central Ave corridor on the #10
Click here to load a map in Google Maps of the proposed changes.
- Re-route all #10 trips to serve the Alton High Speed Rail Station.
- Provide service on the segment of Elm from Alby to State, previously operated by the #8.
- Introduce 60 minute service to Alton Square, with a connection to the #9 Washington Shuttle.
- Reduce frequency from 30 minutes to 60 minutes at Alton Station.
- Introduce 30 minutes service between Alton High Speed through Godfrey to LCCC and Walmart.
- Create a timed transfer from the #7 to #10 facilitating a faster trop to and from Alton, Wood River and Edwardsville to LCCC.
Proposed Highland Realignment
After two years of operating fixed route shuttle service in Highland on the #14 Highland Shuttle and cross county
service on the #13 Highland-Glen Carbon between Glen Carbon, Troy and Highland, MCT has not seen significant ridership
gains on either route. Due to the lack of demand MCT is proposing the following:
#13 Highland – Glen Carbon [pdf]
#14 Highland Shuttle [pdf]
- Discontinue service between Troy and Highland, ending service at the Troy Police Department.
- Reduce the number of trips into Cambridge house (from 22 to 10 daily trips).
To make a comment, ask questions or provide feedback regarding these proposed changes please attend one of the
scheduled public meetings, email email@example.com, or send a letter to: Madison County Transit c/o Proposed Service
Change, One Transit Way, PO Box 7500, Granite City, IL 62040.
- Reduce the span by eliminating an early morning and afternoon trip.
- Re-route the #14 to service Suppiger Apartments and Northtown Shopping Center
- Eliminate unproductive bus stops at St. Joseph’s Hospital, Highland High School and IL-160 & Troxler.